Mayo Clinic's coronary artery disease experts provide comprehensive care for more than 44,000 adults each year.
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors in many areas — including heart disease specialists (cardiologists) and heart surgeons (cardiovascular surgeons) — work together as a multidisciplinary team to provide coordinated, comprehensive care.
Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic also offers a number of clinics to treat people with coronary artery disease, and those at risk of developing coronary artery disease.
Staff in the Coronary Artery Disease Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota offers access to cardiac catheterization, and offers evaluation and treatment for people with high-risk and complex forms of coronary artery disease, chest pain (intractable angina), and valvular heart disease.
Mayo Clinic doctors in the Chest Pain and Coronary Physiology Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota treat people with challenging chest pain syndromes.
A team of doctors with training in heart disease (cardiologists), fitness specialists (exercise physiologists), nutrition specialists (dietitians) and other specialists staff the Cardiovascular Health Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Florida and Minnesota. The staff in the clinic helps people with coronary artery disease or other heart conditions to understand their current heart health and how to reduce their heart disease risk.
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiovascular diseases and cardiac surgery departments' expertise and rankings.