Pulmonary scientists in the Thoracic Diseases Research Unit at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota are investigating basic mechanisms of interstitial, infectious and obstructive lung disorders. The Pulmonary Clinical Research Unit at Mayo Clinic in Rochester is one of the largest contract clinical research centers in pulmonary medicine in the country. The PCRU participates in many trials of new medications in late-stage development for treatment of COPD.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on the following topics on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine:
July 21, 2015
- Balkissoon R, et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A concise review. Medical Clinics of North America. 2011;95:1125.
- Longo DL, et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- What is COPD? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/copd/. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Standards for the diagnosis and management of patients with COPD. American Thoracic Society. http://www.thoracic.org/clinical/copd-guidelines/index.php. Accessed June 4, 2015.
- Hanley ME, et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Pulmonary Medicine. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2003. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=346§ionid=39883254. Accessed June 4, 2015.
- Foreman MG. Genes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Medical Clinics of North America. 2012;96:699.
- Rosenberg SR, et al. An integrated approach to the medical treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Medical Clinics of North America. 2012;96:811.
- AskMayoExpert. Chronic pulmonary obstructive disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Scanlon PD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 4, 2015.