Hypnosis is used for a wide range of medical concerns, including pain, weight control, smoking and stress. See if it's right for you.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Transcranial magnetic stimulation is a form of brain stimulation, sometimes used when standard depression treatments haven't worked.
Feb. 27, 2014
- Conversion disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Stone J, et al. Conversion disorder in adults: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.com/popup.aspx?aID=13512&print=yes. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Feinstein A. Conversion disorder: advances in our understanding. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2011;183:915.
- Alarcon RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 11, 2013.