ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
In some cases, particularly if not treated soon enough, conversion disorder symptoms can result in substantial disability, similar to that caused by medical conditions.
Feb. 27, 2014
- Conversion disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Stone J, et al. Conversion disorder in adults: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. 53rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.com/popup.aspx?aID=13512&print=yes. Accessed Sept. 14, 2013.
- Feinstein A. Conversion disorder: advances in our understanding. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2011;183:915.
- Alarcon RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 11, 2013.