Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
Jul. 16, 2011
- Lavrich JB. Convergence insufficiency and its current treatment. Current Opinion in Ophthalmology. 2010;21:356.
- Scheiman M, et al. Non-surgical interventions for convergence insufficiency. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2011;(3)CD006768. http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews. Accessed May 27, 2011.
- Convergence insufficiency. American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. http://www.aapos.org/terms/show/38. Accessed May 27, 2011.
- Serna A, et al. Treatment of symptomatic convergence insufficiency with a home-based computer orthoptic exercise program. Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. 2011;15:140.
- Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group. Randomized clinical trial of treatments for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in children. Archives of Ophthalmology. 2008;126:1336.
- Scheiman M, et al. Treatment of convergence insufficiency in childhood: A current perspective. Optometry and Vision Science. 2009;86:420.
- Scheiman M, et al. Vision therapy/orthoptics for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in children: Treatment kinetics. Optometry and Vision Science. 2010;87:593.