Has your doctor recommended a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam? Here's what you need to know about preparation and the exam itself.
When you're breast-feeding, medications aren't necessarily off-limits — but caution is important. Get answers to common questions about breast-feeding and medications.
Endometriosis is a common and often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus grows outside your uterus.
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) can make you miserable in the days before your monthly period. Here's how to handle it — bloating, depression and all.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Aug. 31, 2013
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 16, 2013.
- Bharucha AE, et al. American Gastroenterological Association technical review on constipation. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:218.
- Constipation. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/index.aspx. Accessed July 16, 2013.
- Rakel D. Integrative Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 16, 2013.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/DGAs2010-PolicyDocument.htm. Accessed Aug. 5, 2013.
- Britten P (expert opinion). USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, Alexandria, Va. May 20, 2011.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 21, 2013.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 16, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.