Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Feb. 10, 2017
- Evans RW. Concussion and mild traumatic brain injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Sprouse RA, et al. Sport-related concussion: How best to help young athletes. The Journal of Family Practice. 2016;65:538.
- Concussion: What can I do to feel better after a concussion? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/recovery.html. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Signs and symptoms. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/symptoms.html. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- What is a concussion? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/headsup/basics/concussion_whatis.html. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Head injury. American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/injuries-emergencies/Pages/Head-Injury.aspx. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Schutzman S. Minor head trauma in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Giza CC, et al. Summary of evidence-based guideline update: Evaluation and management of concussion in sports: Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2013;80:2250.
- McCrory P, et al. Consensus statement on concussion in sport: The 4th International Conference on Concussion in Sport held in Zurich, November 2012. Journal of Athletic Training. 2013;48:554.
- Leibson CL, et al. Incidence of traumatic brain injury across the full disease spectrum: A population-based medical record review study. Epidemiology. 2011;22:836.
- Olympia RB, et al. Return to learning after a concussion and compliance with recommendations for cognitive rest. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015;26:115.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Oct. 2, 2016.
- Brown AW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 21, 2016.
- Heads up: Facts for physicians about mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/physicians_tool_kit.html. Accessed Oct. 13, 2016.
- Prideaux CC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 1, 2016.
- Riggin, E. EPSi. Nov. 10, 2016