Sexually transmitted diseases — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of STDs.
Persistent nervousness, worry and other anxiety symptoms can put you at risk of serious health problems. Take steps to ease your mind sooner rather than later.
Borderline personality disorder is distressing for both those who have it and those around them. With proper treatment, though, life can be more enjoyable.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Illness, conflicts and emotional turmoil can disrupt relationships with your partner, children or parents. See how family therapy might help.
No relationship is perfect. If you and your partner are struggling, marriage counseling might help you resolve differences and rekindle love.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Sep. 15, 2011
- Marshall LE, et al. Assessment, diagnosis, and management of hypersexual disorders. Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2010;23:570.
- Kaplan MS, et al. Diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of hypersexuality. Journal of Sex Research. 2010;47:181.
- Paraphilias. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/print/sec16/ch213/ch213c.html. Accessed July 2, 2011.
- Mick TM, et al. Impulsive-compulsive sexual behavior. CNS Spectrums. 2006;11:944.
- Kuzma J, et al. Epidemiology, prevalence, and natural history of compulsive sexual behavior. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2008;31:603.
- Codispoti VL. Pharmacology of sexually compulsive behavior. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2008;31:671.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.