Biofeedback is a technique in which you use your mind to control your body, possibly helping with relaxation and a variety of health conditions.
Edema — swelling caused by excess fluid in tissues — can affect any part of your body. Treating the underlying cause is key to resolving edema.
Tests and diagnosis
Bone scans can help detect bone disorders and hidden fractures.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Apr. 12, 2014
- McMahon SB, et al. Wall and Melzack's Textbook of Pain. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier. 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.
- Borchers AT, et al. Complex regional pain syndrome: A comprehensive and critical review. Autoimmunity Reviews. In press. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.
- Abdi S. Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of complex regional pain syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.
- Complex regional pain syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/reflex_sympathetic_dystrophy/detail_reflex_sympathetic_dystrophy.htm. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.
- Abdi S. Prevention and management of complex regional pain syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 21, 2013.