Mayo Clinic radiologists and gastroenterologists were instrumental in developing novel techniques for finding and removing colon polyps, including stool DNA test, probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy and virtual colonoscopy.
See a list of publications on colon polyps by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 18, 2017
- Macrae FA. Approach to the patient with colonic polyps. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Colon polyps. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/colon-polyps. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Colon polyps. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/colon-polyps/. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Polyps of the colon and rectum. American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. https://www.fascrs.org/patients/disease-condition/polyps-colon-and-rectum. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Colorectal cancer: Screening. Rockville, Md.: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/RecommendationStatementFinal/colorectal-cancer-screening. Accessed April 5, 2017.
- Feldman M, et al. Colonic polyps and polyposis syndromes. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Colorectal cancer. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Neoplasms of the small and large intestine. In: Goldman- Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Colorectal polyp surveillance. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 25, 2017.
- Rajan E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 10, 2017.