Aches and pains, irritability, and crying spells may have an unexpected source — stress. Recognize these and other signs and symptoms so that you can take action.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Nov. 21, 2014
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed Aug. 28, 2014.
- Mauer M. Cold urticaria. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 28, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Physical urticarias. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Urticaria and angioedema. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Sciallis GF, et al. Localized cold urticaria to the face in a pediatric patient: A case report and literature review. Pediatric Dermatology. 2010;27:266.
- Ombrello MJ, et al. Cold urticaria, immunodeficiency, and autoimmunity related to PLCG2 deletions. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012;366:330.
- Isik S, et al. Idiopathic cold urticaria and anaphylaxis. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2014;30:38.
- Abajian M, et al. Physical urticarias and cholinergic urticaria. Immunology & Allergy Clinics of North America. 2014;34:73.
- Lang DM, et al. Contemporary approaches to the diagnosis and management of physical urticaria. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2013;111:235.