Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
A sore throat is usually a symptom of an infectious illness, such as a cold or flu.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
When you're breast-feeding, medications aren't necessarily off-limits — but caution is important. Get answers to common questions about breast-feeding and medications.
July 02, 2013
- Sinuses|Sinusitius|Rhinosinusitis. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions-a-to-z-search/sinuses,-sinusitis,-rhinosinusitis.aspx. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Lalwani AK. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=39. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Caimmi D, et al. Nose and lungs: One way, one disease. Italian Journal of Pediatrics. 2012;38:60.
- Albu S. Novel drug-delivery systems for patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2012;6:125.
- Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM): Prevention & control. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/prevention.html. Accessed March 24, 2013.
- Meltzer EO, et al. Rhiosinusitis diagnosis and management for the clinician: A synopsis of recent consensus guidelines. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2011;86:427.
- Rudmik L, et al. Olfactory improvement after endoscopic sinus surgery. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery. 2012;20:29.
- Fact sheet: 20 questions about your sinuses. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/sinuses.cfm. Accessed March 31, 2013.