Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
When you're breast-feeding, medications aren't necessarily off-limits — but caution is important. Get answers to common questions about breast-feeding and medications.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Deviated septum occurs when your nasal septum is significantly displaced to one side, making one nostril smaller than the other.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Nasal congestion: Causes and when to see a doctor.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
A sore throat is usually a symptom of an infectious illness, such as a cold or flu.
Find out what to expect during your endoscopy exam.
Jul. 02, 2013
- Sinuses|Sinusitius|Rhinosinusitis. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions-a-to-z-search/sinuses,-sinusitis,-rhinosinusitis.aspx. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Lalwani AK. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=39. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Caimmi D, et al. Nose and lungs: One way, one disease. Italian Journal of Pediatrics. 2012;38:60.
- Albu S. Novel drug-delivery systems for patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2012;6:125.
- Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM): Prevention & control. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/prevention.html. Accessed March 24, 2013.
- Meltzer EO, et al. Rhiosinusitis diagnosis and management for the clinician: A synopsis of recent consensus guidelines. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2011;86:427.
- Rudmik L, et al. Olfactory improvement after endoscopic sinus surgery. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery. 2012;20:29.
- Fact sheet: 20 questions about your sinuses. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/sinuses.cfm. Accessed March 31, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.