Find out how acupuncture works, who should avoid it and what conditions it can treat.
Want to improve your mood? Get better sleep? Lose weight? It may be as easy as including physical activity in your daily routine.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Facing a major life change or a serious illness? Don't go it alone. A support group can connect you with others in the same boat.
With gentle movements and focused breathing, tai chi helps reduce stress and anxiety. See if it's right for you.
Jul. 01, 2014
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/. Accessed March 30, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 30, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 30, 2014.
- Gluckman SJ. Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 30, 2014.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis. Chicago, Ill.: International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. http://www.iacfsme.org/Portals/0/PDF/PrimerFinal3.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.