March 10, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Chronic daily headaches
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to identify whether there is a difference in prolactin levels between patients with chronic migraine and healthy controls. This may help to explain the sensitivity to pain those patients with chronic migraine experience and may also help to establish a target for new treatments of chronic migraine
This study is being done to determine whether there are differences in hereditary information (genes) in people who have migraine and people who do not have migraine. Migraine is a disorder of the brain in which people have repeated attacks of severe headache, nausea, vomiting, light and sound sensitivity and in some cases, period during which the lose vision, have numbness and tingling and/or cannot speak normally. We are also interested in determining how genetic factors might help to predict what type preventative treatment a given migraine sufferer might respond to.
The purpose of this study is to enroll in a registry patients who have headache disorders, collecting detailed headache characteristics, biospecimens, and brain imaging data, to allow for more research into accurate diagnosis, prognosis, and treatments.
The purpose of this study is to prospectively determine what method of assessment predicts headache directionality using three standardized methods: 1) pictorial representation, 2) standardized patient survey and 3) standardized headache neurology investigator assessment.
The purpose of this study is to compare eye glass lenses that have been treated with tints, to lenses that have been treated with thin-films to reduce light sensitivity and headache in patients who have chronic migraine. It is unknown if there is an advantage to either spectacle lens treatment. Both treatments could be a novel, non-invasive addition in the treatment of chronic migraine.
- Garza I, et al. Overview of chronic daily headache. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Yancey JR, et al. Chronic daily headache: Diagnosis and management. American Family Physician. 2014;89:642.
- Halker RB, et al. Chronic daily headache: An evidence-based and systematic approach to a challenging problem. Neurology. 2011;76:S37.
- Headache: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/headache/detail_headache.htm. Accessed Jan. 5, 2015.
- Ahmed F, et al. Chronic daily headaches. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology. 2012;15:S40.
- Headaches and complementary health approaches. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/pain/headachefacts.htm. Accessed Jan. 5, 2015.