- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and rehabilitation specialists work together to care for people with chordoma. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Chordoma is a very rare form of cancer. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating chordoma.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with chordoma includes surgery, radiation therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, chemotherapy and targeted therapies.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
May 01, 2014
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2014.
- Winn HR. Youmans Neurological Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2014.
- Clarke MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 10, 2014.