Overuse injuries can be avoided — if you know how to pace yourself. Follow these tips to stay injury-free.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Got a painful joint? With arthroscopy, you can find out why — and get relief.
A knee brace may reduce osteoarthritis pain in your knee by shifting the force of your weight off the damaged part of your knee when you walk.
Feb. 05, 2013
- Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1678/0.html. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
- O'Connor FG, et al. Patellofemoral pain syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/index.html. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
- Runner's knee (Patellofemoral pain). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00382. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 6, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.