Go beyond the fad diets. Here's your permanent solution for weight control.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Intestinal gas can be embarrassing and sometimes painful. But a few simple measures can often provide relief.
Tests and diagnosis
Abdominal ultrasound is a quick, painless way to detect an aortic aneurysm.
HIDA scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of hepatobiliary (HIDA) scan.
Aug. 28, 2014
- Zakko SF, et al. Acute cholecystitis: Pathogenesis, clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2014.
- Vollmer CM, et al. Treatment of acute calculous cholecystitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2014.
- Acute cholecystitis: Gallbladder and bile duct disease. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hepatic_and_biliary_disorders/gallbladder_and_bile_duct_disorders/acute_cholecystitis.html?qt=cholecystitis&alt=sh 2011. Accessed July 2, 2014.
- Gallstones. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gallstones/index.aspx. Accessed July 1, 2014.
- Malladi P, et al. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 2, 2014.