Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Sept. 29, 2016
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Aug. 2, 2016.
- Hales RE, et al. Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders. The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry. 6th ed. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2014. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Aug. 2, 2016.
- Facts for families: Schizophrenia in children. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. http://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and_Youth/Facts_for_Families/Facts_for_Families_Pages/Schizophrenia_In_Children_49.aspx. Accessed Aug. 2, 2016.
- Fischer BA, et al. Schizophrenia: Clinical manifestations, course, assessment, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2016.
- Fischer BA, et al. Schizophrenia: Epidemiology and pathogenesis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2016.
- Stroup TS, et al. Pharmacotherapy for schizophrenia: Acute and maintenance phase treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 22, 2016.
- How to cope when a loved one has a serious mental illness. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/serious-mental-illness.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Supporting a friend or family member with mental health problems. MentalHealth.gov. https://www.mentalhealth.gov/talk/friends-family-members/. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Bustillo J, et al. Psychosocial intervention for schizophrenia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 23, 2016.
- Childhood schizophrenia. Merck Manual Professional Version. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/mental-disorders-in-children-and-adolescents/childhood-schizophrenia. Accessed Aug. 2, 2016.
- Childhood schizophrenia. Merck Manual Consumer Version. https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/children-s-health-issues/mental-health-disorders-in-children-and-adolescents/childhood-schizophrenia. Accessed Aug. 2, 2016.
- McClellan J, et al. Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with schizophrenia. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2013;52:976.
- Schizophrenia. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Jibson MD. First-generation antipsychotic medication: Pharmacology, administration and comparative side effects. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 9, 2016.
- Huxsahl JE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 19, 2016.
- Atypical antipsychotic medications: Use in pediatric patients. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. https://www.cms.gov/medicare-medicaid-coordination/fraud-prevention/medicaid-integrity-education/pharmacy-education-materials/downloads/atyp-antipsych-pediatric-factsheet.pdf. Accessed Aug. 21, 2016.