Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Childhood obesity
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to examine whether an education program, designed in partnership with teachers at Moreland Elementary School in West St. Paul and Mayo Clinic InSciEd Out scientists, is able to influence the behavior and health literacy of students. This information will be collected in surveys before and after the students are given the curriculum during the school day.
Nov. 17, 2016
- Klish WJ. Definition; epidemiology; and etiology of obesity in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 23, 2016.
- Sabin MA, et al. Childhood obesity: Current and novel approaches. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2015;29:327.
- Klish WJ. Clinical evaluation of the obese child and adolescent. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 23, 2016.
- Childhood obesity causes & consequences. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/causes.html. Accessed Sept. 25, 2016.
- Barlow SE, et al. Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: Summary report. Pediatrics. 2007;120:S164.
- Golden NH, et al. Preventing obesity and eating disorders in adolescents. Pediatrics. 2016;138:e1649.
- Skelton JA. Management of childhood obesity in the primary care setting. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 23, 2016.
- Brown CL, et al. Addressing childhood obesity: Opportunities for prevention. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2015;62:1241.
- AAP Council on Communications and Media. Media and young minds. Pediatrics. 2016;138:e20162591.
- AAP Council on Communications and Media. Media use in school-aged children and adolescents. Pediatrics. 2016;138:e20162592.