You're at greater risk of cervicitis if you:
Oct. 24, 2014
- Engage in high-risk sexual behavior, such as unprotected sex, sex with multiple partners or sex with someone who engages in high-risk behaviors
- Began having sexual intercourse at an early age
- Have a history of sexually transmitted infections
- Klausner JD, et al., eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=369&Sectionid=39914786. Accessed September 12, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- 2010 sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines. Atlanta, Ga.: U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/default.htm. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Marrazzo J. Acute cervicitis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.