Get answers to frequently asked questions about birth control pills.
Wonder if your child needs the cervical cancer vaccine? Or if it's appropriate for you? Here's what you need to know about vaccination.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
During cystoscopy, your doctor uses a special tool to look inside your bladder for abnormalities.
Wonder how cancer treatment could affect your fertility? Understand what you can do to preserve your fertility before starting treatment.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Getting a Pap smear regularly is your best defense against cervical cancer. Understand how a Pap smear is done and what abnormal test results mean.
Pelvic pain: Symptom — Overview covers definition and causes of pelvic pain.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Dec. 11, 2014
- What you need to know about cervical cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/cervix. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Frumovitz M. Invasive cervical cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Feldman S, et al. Screening for cervical cancer: Rationale and recommendations. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Saslow D, et al. American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. American Journal of Clinical Pathology. 2012;137:516.
- De Los Santos JF, et al. Management of early stage cervical cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Cervical cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- De Los Santos JF, et al. Management of locally advanced cervical cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Oct. 1, 2014.
- Genital HPV infection: Fact Sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm. Accessed Oct. 20, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 7, 2014.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 2, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.