- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, gynecologic oncologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for women with cervical cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience caring for women with cervical cancer, including rare types of cervical cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 300 women with cervical cancer.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, doctors trained in obstetrics and gynecology with additional training in surgery and cancer treatment (gynecologic oncologists) direct care for women with cervical cancer.
The latest treatments. Mayo Clinic gives women with cervical cancer access to the most advanced cancer treatment available. Mayo Clinic surgeons use fertility-sparing surgery, minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery, when appropriate.
The range of treatments offered to women with cervical cancer includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy and many types of surgical procedures, such as simple hysterectomy, radical hysterectomy, robotic hysterectomy, sentinel node biopsy and fertility-sparing procedures.
- Comprehensive cancer center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Dec. 11, 2014
- What you need to know about cervical cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/cervix. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Frumovitz M. Invasive cervical cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Feldman S, et al. Screening for cervical cancer: Rationale and recommendations. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Saslow D, et al. American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. American Journal of Clinical Pathology. 2012;137:516.
- De Los Santos JF, et al. Management of early stage cervical cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 30, 2014.
- Cervical cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- De Los Santos JF, et al. Management of locally advanced cervical cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Oct. 1, 2014.
- Genital HPV infection: Fact Sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm. Accessed Oct. 20, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 7, 2014.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 2, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.