Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists); brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery (neurosurgeons); hereditary conditions (medical geneticists); radiology; radiation oncology; and other specialties work together as a team to care for people who have central nervous system vascular malformations and other neurological conditions.
Doctors trained in pediatric neurology treat children at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- Ongoing research. Doctors remain at the forefront of research to refine and improve diagnostic testing and treatment options for central nervous system vascular malformations.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic doctors use an extensive amount of technology, including advanced imaging tests, to diagnose your condition.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic offers a variety of treatment options, including stereotactic radiosurgery and endovascular procedures. Your doctor will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan to help you manage your condition.
- Efficiency. In Mayo Clinic's efficient system, your testing and treatment can be done in days, not weeks.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery and for ear, nose & throat in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals in neurology & neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Apr. 19, 2014
- Singer RJ, et al. Vascular malformations of the central nervous system. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 25, 2014.
- Arteriovenous malformations and other vascular lesions of the central nervous system fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/avms/detail_avms.htm. Accessed Jan. 25, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.