Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Aug. 17, 2016
- Ludvigsson JF, et al. The Oslo definitions for coeliac disease and related terms. Gut. 2013;62:43.
- Ludvigsson JF, et al. Diagnosis and management of adult coeliac disease: Guidelines from the British Society of Gastroenterology. Gut. 2014;63:1210.
- Celiac disease. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/celiac-disease/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Feb. 5, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Celiac disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Disorders of malabsorption. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Green PHR, et al. Celiac disease. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015;35:1099.
- Feldman M, et al. Celiac disease. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Catassi C, et al. World Perspective and Celiac Disease Epidemiology. Digestive Diseases. 2015;33:141.
- Snyder MR, et al. Celiac disease: Advances in diagnosis. Expert Review of Clinical Immunology. 2016;12:449.
- Cook AJ. AllScripts EPSi. Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2016.
- McCarville JL, et al. Pharmacological approaches in celiac disease. Current Opinion in Pharmacology. 2015;25:7.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2015-2016. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Celiac disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2007.
- Celiac disease. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- Rishi AR, et al. Refractory celiac disease. Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2016;10:537.
- AskMayoExpert. Human Leukocyte Antigen Testing (Adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Murray JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 21, 2016.