Part of Mayo Clinic's commitment to its patients involves conducting medical research that helps people live longer, healthier lives. Clinical trials are research studies that involve volunteer participants. These human studies help doctors better understand diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases or conditions.
Mayo Clinic has thousands of active clinical trials and research studies; and coordinates national clinical trials with other medical centers. See Mayo's clinical trials website and search for a study by condition, treatment or drug name.
Mayo Clinic researchers continually develop new studies, so ask your health care provider about clinical studies or visit ClinicalTrials.gov to learn about additional research opportunities.
Aug. 17, 2016
- Ludvigsson JF, et al. The Oslo definitions for coeliac disease and related terms. Gut. 2013;62:43.
- Ludvigsson JF, et al. Diagnosis and management of adult coeliac disease: Guidelines from the British Society of Gastroenterology. Gut. 2014;63:1210.
- Celiac disease. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/celiac-disease/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed Feb. 5, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Celiac disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Disorders of malabsorption. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Green PHR, et al. Celiac disease. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2015;35:1099.
- Feldman M, et al. Celiac disease. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Catassi C, et al. World Perspective and Celiac Disease Epidemiology. Digestive Diseases. 2015;33:141.
- Snyder MR, et al. Celiac disease: Advances in diagnosis. Expert Review of Clinical Immunology. 2016;12:449.
- Cook AJ. AllScripts EPSi. Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2016.
- McCarville JL, et al. Pharmacological approaches in celiac disease. Current Opinion in Pharmacology. 2015;25:7.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2015-2016. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed April 6, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Celiac disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2007.
- Celiac disease. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- Rishi AR, et al. Refractory celiac disease. Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2016;10:537.
- AskMayoExpert. Human Leukocyte Antigen Testing (Adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Murray JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 21, 2016.