An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 27, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. What are the symptoms of Castleman disease? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Brown JR, et al. Unicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Aster JC, et al. Multicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. The clinical spectrum of Castleman's disease. American Journal of Hematology. 2012;87:997.
- Fajgenbaum DC, et al. HHV-8-negative, idiopathic multicentric Castleman disease: Novel insights into biology, pathogenesis, and therapy. Blood. 2014;123:2924.
- Robinson D, et al. Clinical epidemiology and treatment patterns of patients with multicentric Castleman disease: Results from two US treatment centers. British Journal of Haematology. 2014;165:39.
- Talat N, et al. Surgery in Castleman's disease: A systematic review of 404 published cases. Annals of Surgery. 2012;255:677.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.