An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
You can get an enlarged liver from a number of medical problems or personal habits. Treatment depends on what's causing the enlargement.
An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Numbness in hands: Symptom — Overview covers definition and possible causes of numb hands.covers definition and possible causes of numb hands.
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate an infection, particularly in children. However, there are many causes, ranging from the common cold to cancer.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Aug. 27, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. What are the symptoms of Castleman disease? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Brown JR, et al. Unicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Aster JC, et al. Multicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. The clinical spectrum of Castleman's disease. American Journal of Hematology. 2012;87:997.
- Fajgenbaum DC, et al. HHV-8-negative, idiopathic multicentric Castleman disease: Novel insights into biology, pathogenesis, and therapy. Blood. 2014;123:2924.
- Robinson D, et al. Clinical epidemiology and treatment patterns of patients with multicentric Castleman disease: Results from two US treatment centers. British Journal of Haematology. 2014;165:39.
- Talat N, et al. Surgery in Castleman's disease: A systematic review of 404 published cases. Annals of Surgery. 2012;255:677.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.