An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 27, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. What are the symptoms of Castleman disease? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Brown JR, et al. Unicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Aster JC, et al. Multicentric Castleman's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 14, 2014.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. The clinical spectrum of Castleman's disease. American Journal of Hematology. 2012;87:997.
- Fajgenbaum DC, et al. HHV-8-negative, idiopathic multicentric Castleman disease: Novel insights into biology, pathogenesis, and therapy. Blood. 2014;123:2924.
- Robinson D, et al. Clinical epidemiology and treatment patterns of patients with multicentric Castleman disease: Results from two US treatment centers. British Journal of Haematology. 2014;165:39.
- Talat N, et al. Surgery in Castleman's disease: A systematic review of 404 published cases. Annals of Surgery. 2012;255:677.