Living with cancer blog
If you're on our blog, or checking out our Mayo Clinic Twitter and Facebook pages, you might be interested to know more about apps that can make your life easier as a cancer survivor.
Did you know that Mayo Clinic has a patient app? Check out the new free patient app that gives you access to Mayo Clinic wherever and whenever you like. The app provides you with:
- Updates on health news and information from Mayo Clinic
- Access to schedule and manage your appointments
- Information on our education resources, classes and sessions
- Access to your personal health information
- Maps, lodging, restaurants, concierge services, shopping and events at all three of our Mayo Clinic sites in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona
Once you download the app, you can access your medical record, lab results, appointment schedule and more. The app includes a feature that helps you request an appointment, refill your prescriptions, and get health recommendations, notifications and alerts. It also allows secure messaging between you and your care team.
You can find the app at MayoClinic.org's patient care website. I have mine downloaded and ready to go.
Here are other free apps that provide great resources and information you might be interested in.
- Cancer.net has a free app with guides on 120 different types of cancer.
- For updated information on clinical trials, check out the National Institutes of Health database at iphoneclinicaltrials.com
- CaringBridge also has a mobile app to keep you connected with your CaringBridge site on the go.
Please share other apps that have been helpful to you as a cancer survivor. I'd love to hear what's working well for you.
Follow me on Twitter at @SherylNess1. Join the discussion at #livingwithcancer.
Join the discussion at #livingwithcancer.Feb. 23, 2013