Living with cancer blog
This week, I'd like to talk about a patient conference that is taking place Jan. 14-15, 2012, in Scottsdale, Ariz., at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa. Mayo Clinic has organized a group of experts to present updates on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer as well as provide information and support on related survivorship issues. Cancer patients and their families and friends are invited to attend.
This is your opportunity to get up-to-date information directly from the experts. Break-out sessions will discuss the latest in diagnosis and treatment for major cancer types with primary sessions covering important survivorship issues that we have been discussing throughout the year, such as ...
- Making sense of chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- What is the role of alternative medicines and interventions?
- What is the future of cancer care?
- Is my cancer inherited? Can I pass it on to my children?
- What should I be eating?
- Employment issues
- Insurance issues
- Financial planning
- What are my legal rights as a cancer patient?
- Exercise and healing
- Spirituality and my cancer
- Challenges and opportunities in intimacy
- Communication with loved ones and my medical team
We hope you can join us for the event. However, if you aren't able to, the major sessions will be videotaped and available after the conference via the web. Look for an update on the blog in February. As always, we'd love to hear from you if you have comments or ideas for this type of event.
Follow me on Twitter @SherylNess1. Join the discussion at #livingwithcancer.
Join the discussion at #livingwithcancer.Dec. 03, 2011