Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Feb. 02, 2016
- Cook, AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 16, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Burning/BurningMouthSyndrome.htm. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. American Academy of Oral Medicine. http://www.aaom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:burning-mouth-syndrome&catid=22:patient-condition-information&Itemid=120. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders. https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/burning-mouth-syndrome/. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. FamilyDoctor.org. http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/burning-mouth-syndrome.html. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Burning mouth syndrome. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Kohorst JJ, et al. The prevalence of burning mouth syndrome: A population-based study. British Journal of Dermatology. 2015;172:1654.
- Jimson S, et al. Burning mouth syndrome. Journal of Pharmacy and BioAllied Sciences. 2015;7:S194.
- Kohorst JJ, et al. A population-based study of the incidence of burning mouth syndrome. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1545.
- Miziara I, et al. Therapeutic options in idiopathic burning mouth syndrome: Literature review. International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology. 2015;19:86.
- Coping with chronic pain. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/chronic-pain.aspx. Accessed Dec. 17, 2015.
- Torgerson RR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 22, 2015.