Each year, Mayo Clinic experts diagnose and treat more than 180 people who have burning mouth syndrome.
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, highly skilled specialists from different areas work together to diagnose and manage care of your burning mouth syndrome.
- Latest treatment techniques. Using the latest technology, experts can treat any underlying condition that may be contributing to burning mouth syndrome. Doctors can also recommend lifestyle changes and medication to manage your symptoms.
Feb. 11, 2017
- Cook, AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 16, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Burning/BurningMouthSyndrome.htm. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. American Academy of Oral Medicine. http://www.aaom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:burning-mouth-syndrome&catid=22:patient-condition-information&Itemid=120. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders. https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/burning-mouth-syndrome/. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- Burning mouth syndrome. FamilyDoctor.org. http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/burning-mouth-syndrome.html. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Burning mouth syndrome. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Kohorst JJ, et al. The prevalence of burning mouth syndrome: A population-based study. British Journal of Dermatology. 2015;172:1654.
- Jimson S, et al. Burning mouth syndrome. Journal of Pharmacy and BioAllied Sciences. 2015;7:S194.
- Kohorst JJ, et al. A population-based study of the incidence of burning mouth syndrome. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1545.
- Miziara I, et al. Therapeutic options in idiopathic burning mouth syndrome: Literature review. International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology. 2015;19:86.
- Coping with chronic pain. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/chronic-pain.aspx. Accessed Dec. 17, 2015.
- Torgerson RR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 22, 2015.