Tests and diagnosis
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Treatments and drugs
A pacemaker can correct a heartbeat that's too slow. Find out the risks, results and recovery time of the procedure to implant a pacemaker.
April 10, 2015
- Conduction disorders. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Conduction-Disorders_UCM_302046_Article.jsp. Accessed Feb. 22, 2015.
- Sauer WH. Left bundle branch block. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 22, 2015.
- Sauer WH. Right bundle branch block. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 22, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al. Electrocardiography. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Feb. 22, 2015.
- Bussink BE, et al. Right bundle branch block: Prevalence, risk factors, and outcome in the general population: Results from the Copenhagen City Heart Study. European Heart Journal. 2013;34:138.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/Cardiac-Resynchronization-Therapy_UCM_452920_Article.jsp. Accessed Feb. 22, 2015.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 24, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.