Don't ignore leg pain that starts when you exercise and stops when you rest. It could be claudication. Understand its causes and treatments.
Raynaud's disease is a condition in which your fingers, toes, cheeks, nose or ears experience an exaggerated response to cold temperatures.
Tests and diagnosis
A computerized tomography (CT) angiogram could tell if your heart's arteries are blocked. These tests aren't for everyone, and some experts worry about radiation risks.
Feb. 01, 2013
- Mohler ER, et al. Thromboangiitis obliterans (Buerger's disease). http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed December 5, 2012.
- Piazza G. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Circulation. 2010;121:1858.
- Azizi M, et al. Thromboangiitis obliterans and endothelial function. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2010;40:518.
- Malecki R, et al. Thromboangiitis obliterans in the 21st century — A new face of disease. Atherosclerosis. 2009;206:328.
- AskMayoExpert. Buerger disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.