Arthritis — Comprehensive overview covers arthritis symptoms, arthritis treatment and types of arthritis.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Brucellosis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/brucellosis/index.html. Accessed June 25, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed June 25, 2013.
- Galinska EM, et al. Brucellosis in humans — etiology, diagnostics, clinical forms. Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine. 2013;20:233.
- Yang X, et al. Progress in Brucella vaccine development. Frontiers in Biology. 2013;8:60.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=$eid&isbn=978-1-4557-0295-4&uniqId=398813857-1936. Accessed June 25, 2013.
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html. Accessed July 3, 2013.
- Steckelberg JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 27, 2013.