Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
Jun. 18, 2014
- Stone CK, et al., eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatments: Emergency Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=385&Sectionid=40357238. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Mayersak R. Facial trauma in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Mendez DR, et al. Nasal trauma and fractures in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Fractures of the nose. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/injuries_poisoning/facial_trauma/fractures_of_the_nose.html. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Doherty GM. eds. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=343&Sectionid=39702829. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Nasal fractures. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/Nasal-Fractures.cfm. Accessed April 24, 2014.
- Blum DJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 23, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.