Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Mar. 01, 2014
- Reeder GS, et al. Stress-induced (takotsubo) cardiomyopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 6, 2013.
- Prasad A, et al. Apical ballooning syndrome (Tako-Tsubo or stress cardiomyopathy): A mimic of acute myocardial infarction. American Heart Journal. 2008;155:408.
- Sharkey SW, et al. Takotsubo (Stress) cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2011;124:e460.
- Kurisu S, et al. Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy: Clinical presentation and underlying mechanism. Journal of Cardiology. 2012;60:429.
- Izumi Y. Drug-induced Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Heart Failure Clinics. 2013;9:225.
- Sharkey SW. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy natural history. Heart Failure Clinics. 2013;9:123.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Oct. 6, 2013.
- Summers MR, et al. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy definition and clinical profile. Heart Failure Clinics. 2013;9:111.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.