Tests and diagnosis
After detecting a suspicious breast lump, your doctor recommends a breast biopsy. Find out what's involved in the procedure.
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
Treatments and drugs
Dec. 31, 2015
- Golshan M, et al. Breast pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2015.
- Jokich PM, et al. ACR Appropriateness Criteria breast pain. American College of Radiology (ACR). https://acsearch.acr.org/docs/3091546/Narrative/. Accessed Oct. 24, 2015.
- Rapkin AJ, et al. Premenstrual syndrome. First consult. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 24, 2015.
- Balleyguiera C, et al. Breast pain and imaging. Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging. 2015;96:1009.
- Mastalgia (breast pain). Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/breast-disorders/mastalgia-breast-pain. Accessed Oct. 24, 2015.
- Rodden AM. Common breast concerns. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2009;36:103.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 1, 2015.
- Rikers A. Breast Disease: Comprehensive Management. New York, N.Y.: Springer; 2015: 79.
- Vitamin E fact sheet for consumers. National Institutes of Health. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminE-Consumer/. Accessed November 11, 2015.