Tests and diagnosis
After detecting a suspicious breast lump, your doctor recommends a breast biopsy. Find out what's involved in the procedure.
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
Oct. 08, 2015
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_6X_Non_Cancerous_Breast_Conditions_59.asp?sitearea. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Golshan M, et al. Breast pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Salzman B, et al. Common breast problems. American Family Physician. 2012;86:343.
- Evening primrose oil. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Aug. 2, 2015.
- Understanding breast changes: A health guide for women. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/screening/understanding-breast-changes. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Laronga C, et al. Breast cysts: Clinical manifestations, diagnosis and management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2015.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 17, 2015.
- Ferrara A. Benign breast disease. Radiologic Technology. 2011;82:447M.
- Evening primrose oil. Bethesda, Md. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/eveningprimrose. Accessed Aug. 2, 2015.