Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying new ways to diagnose and treat brain tumors. Mayo Clinic is one of only three cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research.
Brain tumor research is conducted by the Neuro-Oncology Program and the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on brain tumors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Apr. 09, 2014
- Panagiotis Z. Anastasiadis, Ph.D.
- Dusica Babovic-Vuksanovic, M.D.
- Jan C. Buckner, M.D.
- Terrence L. Cascino, M.D.
- Julie E. Hammack, M.D.
- Evanthia Galanis, M.D.
- Caterina Giannini, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kurt A. Jaeckle, M.D.
- Robert B. Jenkins, M.D., Ph.D.
- Michael J. Link, M.D.
- Joseph C. Loftus, Ph.D.
- Fredric B. Meyer, M.D.
- Timothy J. Moynihan, M.D.
- Brian Patrick O'Neill, M.D.
- Ian F. Parney, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bruce E. Pollock, M.D.
- Jann N. Sarkaria, M.D.
- Robert J. Spinner, M.D.
- Joon H. Uhm, M.D.
- Ping Yang, M.D., Ph.D.
- What you need to know about brain tumors. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/brain. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Adult brain tumors treatment (PDQ): Health professional version. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adultbrain/healthprofessional. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Childhood brain and spinal cord tumors treatment overview (PDQ): Health professional version. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/childbrain/healthprofessional. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Armstrong TS, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumors. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2008;8:264.
- Avastin (prescribing information). South San Francisco, Calif.: Genentech Inc.; 2013. http://www.avastin.com/patient/index.html. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Afinitor (prescribing information). East Hanover, N.J.: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.; 2012. http://www.afinitor.com. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Temodar (prescribing information). Whitehouse Station, N.J.: Merck & Co. Inc.; 2013. http://www.temodar.com. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/takingtime. Accessed Oct. 4, 2013.
- Brain SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/brain.htm. Accessed Oct. 9, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 2, 2013.