Bundle branch block is a disorder that affects the electrical impulses traveling to your heart. It may be a sign of underlying heart disease.
Dizziness is one of the most common health concerns. However, few cases of dizziness are due to serious conditions.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Is fast food on your menu tonight? You don't need to give up your weight-loss plans for this quick meal. Just be choosy.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Having trouble sticking with your workout? Try these tips to reignite your enthusiasm.
Heart disease, usually thought of as blockages in the arteries that can cause a heart attack, can describe any medical condition affecting your heart.
A pacemaker can correct a heartbeat that's too slow. Find out the risks, results and recovery time of the procedure to implant a pacemaker.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Cultivating your spirituality can help you establish your priorities, focus on what matters most to you and reduce your level of stress.
A stress test is used to diagnose coronary artery disease and heart arrhythmias, as well as guide treatment of heart disorders.
A tilt table test is used to investigate the cause of fainting (syncope).
Vasovagal syncope (fainting) is a sudden and brief loss of consciousness that occurs when the blood flow to your brain is markedly reduced.
May. 07, 2014
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Genz LI. Sinus bradycardia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Fuster V, ed. et al. Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=376§ionid=40279772&jumpsectionID=40287349. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=331§ionid=40727005. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Bradycardia — Slow heart rate. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Bradycardia-Slow-Heart-Rate_UCM_302016_Article.jsp. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- What is an electrocardiogram? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ekg/. Accessed Jan. 13, 2013.
- Hayes DL. Indications for permanent cardiac pacing. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 13, 2014.
- Prevention & treatment of arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Prevention-Treatment-of-Arrhythmia_UCM_002026_Article.jsp. Accessed Jan. 8, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 5, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.