Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart disease (cardiologists have vast experience with people with bradycardia. They work with doctors trained in electrophysiology and heart surgery (cardiac surgeons to evaluate and treat people with bradycardia and other heart arrhythmias at Mayo Clinic's Heart Rhythm Clinic.
Doctors trained to treat children with heart disorders (pediatric cardiologists) at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota work in teams with other health care professionals to offer diagnosis and treatment options for your child with bradycardia or another heart condition.
Each year, doctors evaluate and treat more than 22,000 people with bradycardia. Each Mayo Clinic location offers treatment for adults with bradycardia. A major focus of the Heart Rhythm Disease Program is the use of pacemakers to treat bradycardia.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
June 01, 2017
- Homoud MK. Sinus bradycardia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Bradycardia — Slow heart rate. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Bradycardia-Slow-Heart-Rate_UCM_302016_Article.jsp. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Slow heartbeat. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Sick-Sinus-Syndrome. Accessed Dec. 29, 2016.
- Heart block. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hb. Accessed Dec. 29, 2016.
- Hayes DL. Permanent cardiac pacing: An overview of devices and indications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 3, 2016.