Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic cardiologists treat people with all types of heart conditions, including those with arrhythmias such as bradycardia. Mayo doctors trained in cardiovascular diseases, cardiac surgery and other areas collaborate as a multidisciplinary team to provide coordinated, comprehensive care. This collaborative approach means doctors can often evaluate you and develop a treatment plan within two or three days.
Doctors at Mayo Clinic provide care for you as a whole person. Doctors take the time to get to know you and work with you to provide exactly the care you need.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
For people with bradycardia who require surgery, when possible, surgeons use minimally invasive heart surgery, which involves the use of smaller incisions. Wireless pacing is available for people who qualify.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
June 01, 2017
- Homoud MK. Sinus bradycardia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Bradycardia — Slow heart rate. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/Bradycardia-Slow-Heart-Rate_UCM_302016_Article.jsp. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Slow heartbeat. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Sick-Sinus-Syndrome. Accessed Dec. 29, 2016.
- Heart block. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hb. Accessed Dec. 29, 2016.
- Hayes DL. Permanent cardiac pacing: An overview of devices and indications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 28, 2016.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 3, 2016.