Personality disorders affect the way you think, behave and relate to others. Learn about symptoms and treatments.
Coping and support
Treatments and drugs
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
July 30, 2015
- Personality disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Borderline personality disorder. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Silk KR. Borderline personality disorder: Epidemiology, clinical features, course, assessment, diagnosis, and differential diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Silk KR. Treatment of borderline personality disorder. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Newlin E, et al. Personality disorders. Continuum: Lifelong Learning in Neurology. 2015;21:806.
- Gonzalez CA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 16, 2015.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 12, 2015.