Back pain can come on gradually or suddenly. Most back pain responds to home treatment within a few weeks.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Joint pain can have many causes and can often be treated at home.
Find out what could cause knee pain.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Neck pain can result from a wide variety of causes including injury, poor posture, and wear and tear on joints.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Feb. 27, 2015
- Kalunian KC. Clinical manifestations of osteoarthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Questions and answers about spinal stenosis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Spinal_Stenosis. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Arthritis: What it is. Arthritis Foundation. http://www.arthritistoday.org/about-arthritis/types-of-arthritis/osteoarthritis/what-you-need-to-know/osteoarthritis-is-2.php. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Osteoarthritis. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Diseases_And_Conditions/Osteoarthritis/. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.