If you can't get rid of body lice on your own, you may need to talk to your family doctor.
What you can do
Before the appointment, you may want to write the answers to the following questions:
- How long do you think you've had body lice?
- What are your symptoms?
- How were you infested with body lice?
- Have you spread the infestation to others?
- What treatments have you tried?
- Do you have any chronic health problems?
- What medications and supplements do you take?
What to expect from your doctor
During the physical exam, your doctor will examine your skin and the seams of your clothes.