Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Aug. 17, 2017
- Kurtz M, et al. Etiology and evaluation of hematuria in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Hematuria (Blood in the urine). National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/hematuria-blood-urine. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Hematuria in adults. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/hematuria-adults. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Isolated hematuria. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary-disorders/symptoms-of-genitourinary-disorders/isolated-hematuria. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Medical student curriculum: Hematuria. American Urological Association. http://www.auanet.org/education/educational-programs/medical-student-education/medical-student-curriculum/hematuria. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Mercieri A. Exercise-induced hematuria. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed June 13, 2017.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Evaluation of the urologic patient: History, physical examination, and urinalysis. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2017.
Blood in urine (hematuria)