Lifestyle and home remedies
To practice good oral health and to remove the tongue discoloration:
- Brush your tongue. Give your tongue a gentle brushing whenever you brush your teeth to remove dead cells, bacteria and food debris. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or a flexible tongue scraper.
- Brush after eating. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and ideally after every meal, using fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day. Proper flossing removes food particles and plaque from between your teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Get professional teeth cleanings and regular oral exams, which can help your dentist prevent problems or spot them early. Your dentist can recommend a schedule for you.
- Maintain good nutrition. Drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet that contains fresh fruits and vegetables.