Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Bipolar disorder
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Rochester, Minn., Austin, Minn.
The FLAME Study is a 16-week clinical trial to study treatment with lamotrigine or fluoxetine in bipolar I, II and bipolar schizoaffective depressed adults. The purpose of the trial is to have a better understanding of whether individuals with a particular gene type and other inherited biological markers will have a good response to fluoxetine or lamotrigine, or alternatively, would be more likely to have side effects to this medication.
The purpose of this study is to find out if some patients with mood symptoms have antibodies (part of the immune system) that affect the brain, and could possibly play a role in the development of mood symptoms. We also want to find out if these immune markers change once your mood normalizes.
Feb. 15, 2017
- Reilly-Harrington NA et al. A tool to predict suicidal ideation and behavior in bipolar disorder: The Concise Health Risk Tracking Self-Report. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2016;192:212.
- Bipolar and related disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Bipolar disorder. National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/bipolar-disorder/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Bipolar disorder. National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder-tr-15-3679/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Bipolar disorder in children and teens. National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder-in-children-and-teens-qf-15-6380/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Bipolar disorder. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Bipolar-Disorder. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Bipolar disorder. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Suppes T, et al. Bipolar disorder in adults: Clinical features. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Axelson D, et al. Pediatric bipolar disorder: Overview of choosing treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Birmaher B. Pediatric bipolar disorder: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and course. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2016.
- Picardi A, et al. Psychotherapy of mood disorders. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health. 2014;10:140.
- Fountoulakis KN, et al. The International College of Neuro-Psychopharmacology (CINP) treatment guidelines for bipolar disorder in adults (CINP-BP-2017), part 2: Review, grading of the evidence and a precise algorithm. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. In press. http://ijnp.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/11/05/ijnp.pyw100.long. Accessed Dec. 6, 2016.
- Beyer JL, et al. Nutrition and bipolar depression. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2016;39:75.
- Qureshi NA, et al. Mood disorders and complementary and alternative medicine: A literature review. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. 2013;9:639.
- Sansone RA, et al. Getting a knack for NAC: N-acetyl-cysteine. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience. 2011;8:10.
- Sylvia LG, et al. Nutrient-based therapies for bipolar disorder: A systematic review. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 2013;82:10.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 27, 2016.
- Krieger CA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 4, 2017.
- Post RM. Bipolar disorder in adults: Choosing maintenance treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 4, 2016.
- Janicak PG. Bipolar disorder in adults and lithium: Pharmacology, administration, and side effects. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 4, 2017.
- Stovall J. Bipolar disorder in adults: Pharmacotherapy for acute mania and hypomania. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 4, 2017.