Lifestyle and home remedies
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Is your daughter struggling with her body image? Help her become comfortable with her body shape and relate to food in a healthy way.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
April 09, 2015
- Binge eating disorder. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/binge.htm. Accessed Feb. 28, 2015.
- Binge-eating disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed March 2, 2015.
- Vyvanse (prescribing information). Wayne, Pa.: Shire US, Inc.; 2015. http://www.vyvanse.com/. Accessed Feb. 27, 2015.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 11, 2015.
- Grothe K (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 26, 2015.
- Sim LA, et al. Identification and treatment of eating disorders in the primary care setting. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2010;85:746.
- Binge eating disorder. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/eating_disorders/binge_eating_disorder.html. Accessed Feb. 28, 2015.
- Sysko R, et al. Binge eating disorder in adults: Overview of treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 2, 2015.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 6, 2015.
- Goracci A, et al. Pharmacotherapy of binge-eating disorder: A review. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2015;9:1.
- Jasik CB. Body image and health: Eating disorders and obesity. Primary Care. 2014;4:519.
- Eating disorders: Advice for parents. NHS Choice. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/eatingdisorders/Pages/eating-disorders-advice-parents.aspx. Accessed March 2, 2015.
- McElroy SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine for treatment of adults with moderate to severe binge-eating disorder: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72:235.
- Winham SJ, et al. Bipolar disorder with comorbid binge eating history: A genome-wide association study implicates APOB. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2014;165:151.
- Breuner CC. Complementary, holistic, and integrative medicine: Eating disorders. Pediatrics in Review. 2010;31:e75.