- Individualized care. Mayo Clinic's experienced endocrinologists will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that meets your needs.
- Latest diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic radiologists use the latest imaging technology to help distinguish benign adrenal tumors from cancerous tumors. Advanced imaging techniques include computerized tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) and metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) scanning.
- Experience. Diagnosing benign adrenal tumors also involves skilled endocrinologists who have experience diagnosing all types of endocrine conditions using state-of-the-art testing. Tests may include hormone suppression and stimulation procedures done at the Endocrine Testing Center. Diagnosis may also include adrenal venous sampling, performed by skilled radiologists with experience using this procedure to diagnose certain hormonally active tumors.
- Minimally invasive surgery techniques. Surgeons at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience performing surgical procedures to remove tumors in the adrenal gland. An adrenalectomy is a procedure often performed to remove a benign adrenal tumor. In many cases, this procedure can be performed as a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, which doesn't require a large incision, causes less pain and allows for a quicker recovery.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic's multispecialty practice makes it easy for Mayo doctors to consult with specialists in other areas, allowing you quick access to comprehensive care.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for diabetes and endocrinology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked high performing for diabetes and endocrinology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 16, 2012
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.