- Individualized care. At Mayo Clinic, experienced endocrinologists will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that meets your needs.
- Latest diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic radiologists use the latest imaging technology to help distinguish benign adrenal tumors from cancerous tumors. Advanced imaging techniques include computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) and metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) scanning.
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for about 1,000 people with benign adrenal tumors. Diagnosing benign adrenal tumors involves skilled endocrinologists who have experience diagnosing all types of endocrine conditions using state-of-the-art testing. Tests may include hormone suppression and stimulation procedures done at the Endocrine Testing Center.
- Minimally invasive surgery techniques. Surgeons at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience performing surgical procedures to remove tumors in the adrenal gland. An adrenalectomy is a procedure often performed to remove a benign adrenal tumor. In many cases, this procedure can be performed as a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, which doesn't require a large incision, causes less pain and allows for a quicker recovery.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic's multispecialty practice makes it easy for Mayo doctors to consult with specialists in other areas, allowing you quick access to comprehensive care.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for diabetes and endocrinology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for diabetes and endocrinology by U.S. News & World Report.
March 17, 2015
- Lacroix A. Clinical presentation and evaluation of adrenocortical tumors. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
- Lacroix A, et al. Treatment of adrenocortical tumors. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 12, 2015.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 18, 2015.